Instructor guide to adding LiveCarta materials to a course on D2L / Brightspace as an external tool (IMS LTI 1.3) or external link.
By following these steps, admins and instructors can easily add LiveCarta LTI links to any of their courses in D2L LMS. Adding LiveCarta materials via LTI links allows a seamless transition between your LMS and LiveCarta. The LiveCarta tool needs to first be registered and deployed by your LMS admin.
- Navigate to the course to which you would like to add LiveCarta materials.
- Inside the course, select “Existing Activities → External Learning Tools”, and then “Create New LTI Link”.
- Enter the title of the link that you’d like to be displayed inside your Course.
- Enter the link to LiveCarta. It can be a link to any page on LiveCarta, a specific material, a chapter within a material or specific excerpt of text (see an article about Copy Link function for more details).
- Make sure the correct LTI tool is selected.
- Press “Create and Insert”.
Note: For further assistance, you may reach out to LiveCarta customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org, or through the chat feature on LiveCarta.com