How do I customize a book?
- If you would like to customize a book and add it to your course, click on “MY LIBRARY” page on the navigation bar, “BOOKS” tab, open the book’s menu (three dots) and select “CREATE DERIVATIVE”:
2. In the created Customizable Copy, select Chapters tab:
3. Customize the book to fit your syllabus and teaching style:
- To reorganize chapters and sub-chapters, click and hold the drag and drop icon (3 horizontal lines with the 2-way arrow) and drag the selected chapter to the desired location:
- To hide a Chapter or a Section, uncheck the box next to the Chapter’s or Sections’ name. Students will not see unchecked parts of the book:
- Add Material after any section or chapter. Expand the part of the book that you want to supplement by clicking on the chapter and click inside the empty text field:
- Type or Paste copied text;
- Add YouTube Videos:
- Add audio files
- Add links to other resources:
- Add Images
IV. To preview the changes done to the book select Options and click on Preview on top of the book.
V. Once all customizations are finished, you can Publish and Share with the students (this may change in the next few weeks per your request to be able to edit the book throughout the semester). Select the ‘Publish’ button on top of the book and select the date from which you would like to be able to share the book in the pop-up: