LiveCarta (“the Company”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through compliance with this policy.
This policy applies to the information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In e-mail, text, and other electronic correspondence between you and this Website, Company, or other users of the Website or Company’s Products (including downloaded mobile applications) regarding the Website or Company’s Products.
It does not apply to the following:
- Information the Company collects offline or through any other means not enumerated above, including information collected on any other website operated by the Company or any third party; or
- Information collected by any third party, including any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
Privacy of Children
Our Website is not intended for children, nor is it marketed towards children. No one under the age of 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or any screen name or user name. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us by following the “Contact Us” link found at the bottom of this page.
YOU MUST BE EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OR OLDER TO ACCESS THE WEBSITE. IF YOU ARE UNDER EIGHTEEN YEARS OF AGE, YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO ACCESS THE WEBSITE FOR ANY REASON. DUE TO THE AGE RESTRICTION ON THE USE OF THE WEBSITE, NO INFORMATION OBTAINED BY THE WEBSITE FALLS WITHIN CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT OF 1998.
It is not necessary to become a registered member to enjoy some of the content on the Website, although without membership your viewing options and community participation may be limited.
Activity of Users
Privacy of User Contributions
Even if designated as private, all User Contributions (defined below) are visible to and may be used by the Company for any purpose whatsoever, provided, however, that any User Contribution designated as private shall not be publicly disclosed by the Company unless subject to an order by a court or the information in such User Contribution becomes public through no fault of the Company.
Availability of notes to materials on the Website:
For all users, the default is that notes will be private, unless designated as public. Notes may appear publicly under the user’s real name.
Availability of original content and modifications to materials on the Website:
Availability of information regarding revenue from the materials on the Website:
- Users’ revenue made from the materials on the Website, if any, will be available only to such users. Note that certain materials are offered at no charge or at the Company’s out-of-pocket cost because of licensing, contractual, or other restrictions, and may generate no revenue for users.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, unique device identifier/device ID (for mobile applications), telephone number, occupation, affiliation with an educational institution, or any other identifier associated with you online or offline (“the personal information”);
- That is about you but does not identify you individually, including but not limited to (1) information related to your use of the Website, such as your page views and Website usage data; and (2) information about your computer and Internet connection, such as your browser type, the device you use to access our Website or mobile application, and IP address.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site or mobile application. Information collected automatically may include device ID and type, usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
Information You Provide to Us
We do not collect your personally identifiable information unless you provide it to us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include the following, all of which you are considered to voluntarily provide when you engage in activities that require provision of such information:
- Information that you provide by completing the forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website or posting material. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- When ordering products or services on the Website, you may be asked to provide a credit card number or PayPal account.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses) if you contact us.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. If you do not want your User Contributions to be viewed by third parties, you are advised not to make any submissions.
Depending upon the activity, some of the information we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory data with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies (such as Google Analytics) to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including but not limited to:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including location data, date/time stamp, logs, clickstream data, other communication data, referring/exit pages, and any resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your device and Internet connection, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the zip code associated with your server, your operating system, Internet Service Provider (ISP), and browser type, device ID.
The information we collect automatically is largely statistical data and may include personal information but does not by itself identify a specific individual. This information is compiled and analyzed on both a personal and an aggregated basis. It helps us improve our Website, and deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- Limit access to materials from too many devices under the same account.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include but are not limited to:
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie automatically collected information to your personal information that we collect through other sources or that you provide to us.
Do Not Track Disclosure.
Additionally, although some internet browsers have a ‘do not track’ feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked, we are currently not set up to respond to such signals.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- For any other purpose we may specify when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
The lawful bases for processing your personal information in this manner include our legitimate interest, compliance with legal obligations, and the performance of any contractual relationship requested by you.
How We Protect Your Information
The Company uses a combination of industry standard security measures to safeguard your personal information against theft and misuse.
Our Website uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL encryption) on all web pages where personal information is required. In order to make credit card purchases you need to use an SSL-enabled browser to protect confidentiality of your personal and credit card information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may without restriction disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates. Information shared with such subsidiaries and affiliates will be handled and protected in a manner consistent with this policy.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the “e-mail a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, change in control, or other sale, transfer, or other action with respect to of some or all of Company assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, dissolution, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about the Website users is among the assets affected.
- If we were previously authorized or are otherwise permitted by law to share your personal information with our affiliates and Advertisers to provide you with information that may be relevant to you, including for their own marketing purposes.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may sell or rent your personal information to third party marketers, but you may opt-out of such sale or rental by sending an e-mail to the Company through the “Contact Us” link at the bottom of the page to request such.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including response to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others.
Retention of Personal Information.
We retain your personal information for as long as we have a relationship with you. We also retain your personal information for a period of time after our relationship with you has ended where there is an ongoing business need to retain it. This includes retention to comply with our legal, regulatory, tax and/or accounting obligations. We do so in accordance with our data retention policies and applicable law.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an e-mail through the “Contact Us” link at the bottom of the page to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
You have the right to:
- Request a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you;
- Request that inaccurate information about you be corrected or deleted;
- Object to having your Personal Information processed;
- Request that we delete any and all Personal Information we hold about you;
- Request that we restrict processing your Personal Information;
- Request that you not be subject to automated decision making including profiling; or
- Receive your Personal Information in a structured, prevailing, and machine-readable form and/or have your Personal Information transferred to another controller, where technically feasible.
Links to Other Companies’ Websites
Our Website may contain links to other companies’ websites. We are not responsible for their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about their privacy practices.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website who are California residents to request, once a year, certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the previous calendar year. To make such a request, please contact us using the “Contact Us” link provided at the bottom of this page and please include “California Privacy Request” in the subject line, along with your name, address and email address in the body of the message.
Notice of Compliance to California Residents
Transfer of Information to the United States.
Additional information for users in Europe
This section of the policy applies to users that are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), Switzerland or United Kingdom (UK). We process your personal data in accordance with European laws and regulations, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR).
(a) Controller’s details
For the purposes of the GDPR and UK GDPR, Tributary Publishing Inc. is the controller of your personal data. Tributary Publishing Inc.’s registered address is at 5165 S. Durango, Ste. 3, Las Vegas, NV, 89113, and we can be contacted using the details provided under the “How to contact us” heading.
If you have questions or concerns about how your personal data is handled by one of our customers, you should contact the relevant customer that is using our Service and refer to their separate privacy policies.
(b) Legal bases for processing
If you are located in the EEA, Switzerland or UK, we need a lawful basis to collect, use and disclose your personal data as a controller. Our lawful basis will depend on the information concerned and the context in which it is processed.
Generally, we will collect and use your information only where:
- It is in our legitimate interests to do so. Our legitimate interests include providing a useful Service, obtaining payment for our Service (if applicable), sending you relevant marketing messages and advertising and tracking its effectiveness and enhancing our Service via research and development, data analytics, data labelling and machine learning. We do not rely on this lawful basis where our legitimate interest is overridden by your interest in protecting your data.
- You consent to us or have a reasonable expectation of us using your information in a certain way – for example, to hear about new features or offers.
- It is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations.
If you have consented to our use of your information you can withdraw that consent at any time. Depending on the situation you can either withdraw your consent or delete your account by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Where we are using your information because of a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use. However, if you do so it may mean that it is not possible for you to continue using the Service.